Friday, December 23, 2011
A Season of Giving...and Receiving!
My sister-in-law and I went out to dinner last week at a local Italian Restaurant. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and when the waitress brought our tab at the end of the evening, she said, "The woman who was sitting next to your table earlier paid for your dinner and left you this note!" (see photo below). Erinne and I were stunned! That had never happened to either of us...and we so badly wanted to thank her for her random act of kindness and generosity! We asked the waitress if the lady was a regular customer or if she knew who the woman was...but she didn't. We were so touched. I had noticed the woman earlier, but only because she was seated by herself. Afterwards, I realized that one of the beauties of giving anonymously is that it leaves the recipient to give all thanks to the Lord since the person cannot be directly thanked. So, I pray that God blesses this woman tremendously for her kindness and generosity. I hope someday I can be in a position to do this for someone else. To God be the glory!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
just saw this and that is amazing!! how totally cool! definitely need to do this to someone else :)
Post a Comment