Well, it seems as though summer has left Portland....it sure seemed brief! Or maybe we have just been pre-occupied with imminent, life-changing events. ;-) So, here is my attempt at a brief overview of just some of our summer fun! (Large quantity of photos to follow...sorry!)

Matt's aunt Leslie gave us a clematis plant in June!
Matt found the perfect climbing structure for it.

My master gardener (Matt!) planted it, fertilized it....watered it faithfully.....

And, voila! A beautiful clematis appeared one day!

It seems to be very happy on our patio. Thank you, Leslie! We love it!

What a friend! Michael showed up at our house the other night for dinner with an honorary "uncle" shirt he made!
(Or, well, he may have taped over the other baby's name and re-written "Nelson"....but it's all the same!)

Michael sporting the shirt while playing darts.

It turns out that Aslan shares my passion for honeycrisps....grrrr! She picked two of my five golden apples. :-( But, I have 3 remaining!

I can't wait to pick this one....it will be the best, I'm SURE!

The 3 remaining honeycrisps....Aslan and I have had a firm conversation about who the 3 remaining are for....NOT her!

The shed project! We needed more room in our garage and so Matt and Carlos designed a shed for our side-yard.

Hard at work....

Carlos does amazing work! Thank you, Carlos!

I think Matt fits inside. :-/

Painted perfectly to match the house color!

Just need the door and it will be done!

Aww, the serene beauty of Lake Merwin, where we spent as many weekends as possible!

The boat filled with kids and ready to be used for tubing!

Matt spends more time in the lake than on land when we're at Merwin!

Matt is an amazing gardener! (Have I said this before?) I take NO credit and give it all to him!

The summer flowers bloomed beautifully...lots of color!

My dear friend, Michelle, in town for the arrival of her newest nephew!

Westmont reunion with Amber and Marisa!

In attempt to organize the nursery, I got a little distracted by the size of the belly. YIKES!

An AMAZING baby shower, hosted by my dear friend Christy...her creativity is incredible.

Location was outside the "barn", on a beautiful warm summer night!

Anyone ever seen a watermelon carved to be a baby carriage?!

The cake made of baby diapers!

Christy, party organizer EXTRAORDINAIRE!

A crepe bar for dessert!! Yum!

Check out the toppings! Mmmm!

Such a beautiful location for a shower!

The loot....what an amazing blessing. I have such generous friends!

Matt and I spent a weekend "galmping" (glamor camping) at the Bisenius ranch!
SUCH a blast!

Hmm, not too shabby of a view to wake up to!

Pretty nice cooking set-up!

Christy, baby Brooke and the rest of the crew all enjoying the boat!

Matt learning to surf for the first time behind the boat!

Christy (a.k.a. professional water sport athlete!) makes it look SO easy!

Pete and Matt having a "smallest splash" contest off the dock.

I think Pete won....but seriously, is it even possible to put a 6'6'' body in the water with a small splash?!

Matt, my fisherman....pretty much in heaven!

After an ATV ride....I think it was a little dusty!

Fishing again....Matt mourned coming home from the ranch for about a week!
What an awesome weekend!

Sunday afternoon siestas....Aslan is Matt's napping companion! I, unfortunately, haven't learned how to nap yet. I've been told the baby will teach me quickly. :-)

Papa reading to Thomas (2 years old!) at the cabin.

Lake Merwin

Matt reading on the dock....his 2nd favorite thing to do at Merwin other than swim!

Goodbye boating season...see you next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment