Monday, October 5, 2009

HONEYCRISP APPLES!

'Tis the Season......and I'm SO HAPPY! Matt and I took my mom to our favorite Honeycrisp Apple farm in Hood River, OR, last weekend and we picked 40lbs of Honeycrisp apples! Mmmmmm. I could happily do this every day, I promise! It was a beautiful fall day and the perfect time of year to collect a wagon-full of my all-time favorite food!

Big enough for two!

Posing in the orchard

It was my mom's first time picking apples...and I'm certain that she's hooked now!

Hey now, if you had a tongue that size, you'd have a hard time keeping it in your mouth too!

My mom busy selecting the perfect apples!

Alpacas....what a funny-looking animal!

The beautiful mountains in the Columbia Gorge

And, what would a trip to Hood River be without stopping for hamburgers and soft-serve?!

One of Matt's favorite places to get a Bacon Cheeseburger....and its pretty darn good, I must add! (Not good for you, but tastes delicious!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We also love the fruit loop and next time we hope the Nelson's tell us earlier about the cheeseburger :-)